The Free Library of Philadelphia Foundation accepts donations of material goods/non-cash contributions for the Free Library of Philadelphia. Examples include:
- Items donated for a raffle
- Items donated to be sold at auction
- Items to be given to participants in a Free Library-sponsored program (e.g. Summer Reading)
- Items to be given to volunteers at a Free Library-sponsored event
- Advertising (print, billboard, radio time, television time) for which there has been no charge to the Free Library
- A donation of books and/or materials*
- A donation of furniture
- A donation of food for an event
- A donation of services
Note: Contributed services cannot be counted as a gift and do not qualify as a charitable tax deduction to the donor. However, a donor of services may be able to deduct expenses incurred while performing said services. In such cases, the donor should be advised to consult with a tax accountant.
Please complete the Gift In-Kind or Non-Cash Contribution Donation Form and present it with your donation. It is the sole responsibility of the donor to determine the value of a contributed item; Free Library Foundation staff members cannot assign a value to the donated item(s).
*Donations of books to the Parkway Central Library should be delivered to The Book Corner, located directly behind the main building at the intersection of N. 20th St. and Wood St.
For more information, please contact Matthew Closter, Assistant Director of Individual Giving, at 215-814-3542 or email@example.com